THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Love Can Touch Just One Time and Last For A Lifetime

*Dedicated to my bar (or as he would say "bahhh" since he's from Boston!) manager, Matt Binkerd "Matty B." You will be missed.*

::Also note:: Sorry to anyone who thought that I meant Matt BATTISTA died. He definitely didn't!!!! I got some calls and txts of confusion. Wrong Matty B!!!

That said, here's my blog:

I know. Of all the lyrics I could've chosen as the title of my blog, I had to go with the corniest one. If you've continued to read desite the horrible title, thank you. If not, i dont blame you but I guess you wouldn't really know b/c you stopped reading. HAHA

Moving along, Ms. Celine Dion had a point even if she chose the worst words to make her point. No, I was not in love with Matty B. or viceversa. Instead of the word love, I would plug in the word "kindess." You can be kind to someone once and it could last a lifetime.

Matty B. was hands down my fav manager there. [Obviously I adore Dawn, Tasha, Jen, and everyone else but Dawn and Tasha didnt start out as managers and Jen joined the store later.]
I had never worked in a bar before, worked there part time since i had 9-5 job etc. Whenever I fucked up, which wasn't too often but when i did, went all out haha. Matty B was super nice about it.

Working with someone, especially with a boss, who's a cool dude/chick makes work a lot easier to go to and definitely releaves anxiety. You may not LOVE your job or want to go but knowing that your boss wasn't an asshole definitely helps. I don't think he saw it as going out of his way to be nice to me or to any of the other people there--that was the way he treated everyone, that's just who he was. I've had some bosses from hell before so I can't express how much it means to have one thats not awful and how sadly rare it is.

He made working in a HECTIC environment a lot less stressful, didn't make me pay out of my own pocket when that asshole walked out on his tab, he shoved my ex bf when my ex was trying to mess with me at the bar and chased him away from my car when i left and my ex was lurking around my car...lol, he and all the bartenders made sure i got the money i deserved from that hell on earth party of 150 people...i could go on and on...eveen though i pretty much just did..lol

askdjfladkfjlasfd

AHHHHHHHH. Sorry I'm having a hard time focusing and writing. I guess if there's a message or a point to all of this it's simple. A little kindness goes a long way. I wasn't especially close with Matty B but that doesn't mean I didn't appreciate the year I spent with him and will never forget his kindess. My heart goes out to the rest of you who I know were super tight with him, his family and of course his wife and baby boy.

Peace and love to you MB and thank you for being the person you were. I will always appreciate it.