THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, February 8, 2010

I'm Not Here For Your Entertainment

Congrats to the Saints on their first Super Bowl win! It was a great game and the Saint played a great game.

Truthfully? I would've liked it if the Colts won. They're a solid team and Peyton, love him or hate him, is an amazing QB.

I don't understand why people are all whipped in a frenzy because he lost. One loss, doesn't make you a loser. One win, doesn't make you a winner. [Speaking in overall terms that is]

I'm pretty surprised actually about how many people I know were so pro-Saints and anti-Peyton. First of all, Peyton is but one man. People are saying "Peyton lost!" and yet no one seems to be saying the COLTS lost and no one's saying that Drew Brees won. They're saying the Saints won. Double standard much?

Two, I'm really sick of the "rooting for the underdog" mentality. Don't get me wrong, as much as I would've like the Colts to have won (and I did. I was literally rolling on the ground with anxiety and praying outloud in the 4th quarter. Clearly, God cared very little about my request. I mean, he's a busy man and it's pretty hard to tell GOD that you want SAINTS to lose...hahahah). But yeah, this underdog argument has gots to go. Seriously. I love when the little people come out on top and that is cool. But honestly? I think that the best should be the winner, may it be under dog, over dog or snoop dog. This is football--it's not like being line leader in elementary school where people should rotate and give another person (and in this came, team) a chance. The best should win and Saints played a better game so they won. Congrats to them on THAT. [though i do think that the ref made some bullshit calls, in particular, the one in regards to the two point conversion.]

I also think that people are happy the Saints won because it was trendy. In case you haven't notice, i'm really fucking sick of hearing about trends and the people who follow them. Yes, we could get in to a debate about how we all follow trends in some form or another but seriously. From going green to rooting for the saints (and for you non-football people that's the team that Kim Kardashian's bf Reggie Bush plays for...yes, I'm a condescending bitch. Know it, accept it.) to supporting Obama to wearing the yellow live strong rubber band...people just do it because other people do. If you asked them intelligent questions about it, I believe very few people can give you an intelligent answer back. Even supporting Haiti, I feel has gotten out of control, because that too is trendy. Before the disaster, how many people could point Haiti out on a map? It's seriously cool that people do care and are helping that country out because they def need it after the tragedy and my heart goes out to them. If I had any money, I'd totally donate b/c it's friggin terrible about what happened. But I swear, and this could just be me, that people are making a bigger deal about Haiti than the tsunami from a few years ago that devastated southeast asia and ironically enough, Hurricane Katrina. It makes me really sad actually. I guess at the end of the day, no matter the motive, if the people are getting what they need to survive that's a great thing. But being an artsy fartsy freespirit, it kills me that i know it's not all for the right reason to which i must say (in a genuinely non blasphemous way) that this is what God must've meant by wanting people to donate and do good work annonymously because it's the heart that goes into it thats more important than the action done.

I'm not trying to be Captain Killjoy. I understand that some of this liking of stuff is for superficial reasons and not meant to be thought of in a deep manner. Some things in life are carefree and silly fun. Totally get that. I do it too. My issue comes in when you talk like you know something or passionately are for something that you can't intelligently articulate a reason for it at any given point in time.

I'm sure a lot of you probably stopped reading a long time ago because it's like "Oh lawd. Here goes self-righteous Sally again...I wonder if that bitch ever gets nose bleeds from taking the high road all the time..."

But frankly, I don't care. It's like what the character Julie said in "Julie & Julia" that blogs are basically day after day about ME ME ME ME ME ME.

"But Sally, your funny stuff is better."

Trust me, i love me some funny stuff too but I'm going talk about whatever I wants.

Like P!NK says, "I'm not here for your entertainmeeeeeeeeeeent..."