THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, April 4, 2010

Isn't It Ironic...Don't You Think?

Whilst driving to Woodbridge with my older sister Lisa (also endearingly known as The Clam), I couldn't help but notice how the song we were listening to...was very inappropriate given our surroundings.

You should know this about her. She is and always has been and always will be the biggest Michael Jackson fan.

So we're in her car listening to his earth song which is Michael crooning about what have we done to this world and shame on us for the conditions of the environment and shame on big corporate companies.

Lisa's gushing about how much she loves the song and I nod and I'm like eh about the song and I look around while we're listening to this tree hugging song...

And then I couldn't help it. And if you know me well you KNOW i can'thelp it. Sometimes a Sally just gotta say something so i did.

Mid song I turned to her after taking in our surroundings as said...

Me: I don't know how I feel about us listening to this song right now...
Lisa: WHY?!
Me: Well...we're listening to this song about earth and we're on a highway where trees have been knocked down to build this highway, in traffic next to a steel company, drinking the starbucks which is the nectar of corporate giants and I'm smoking a Marlboro Light in your SUV with you iPhone on the dashboard....Isn't it ironic....don't you think?