THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

"You Wrote the Book On Love"

Okay no, I didn't. I did, however I did try to. Kinda. It was going to be this brilliant melting pot of NUMEROUS males and females from the "young adult" category (18-35 i think) their vital stats (relationship status, age, name, pic) and their opinions on all things relationship.


Not the kind you see in magazines where it's like "Word on the Street" and there's a pic of an avg looking guy named Brad who's a sales exec 26 from West Palm Beach Florida and he thinks that a girl's smile is the most attractive.


But real issues like "once a cheater always a cheater--why?" or "do you believe that there's only on true love in life" or "would you take a cheater back--why?" Things along those lines. Those are actually kinda crappy examples but you know what i mean. Something more than the generic.


I based a lot of the questions on the never ending stream of "Sally! My bf/gf/partner/wife/husband/fuck buddy/ friend with benefit/this guy/girl i'm talking to, this person i know... blah blah blah blah blah."


Naturally being fascinated with people and genuinely caring for my friends I hear them out and thoughtfully give a carefully thorough answer back which is NOT the usual "it is what it is" or "that sucks" or "What can you do?" that people give ME in response. (Or worse, when they hear your problem, and try to tell you a story that relates about THEM and you either didn't see how it even related at all...er...not that im bitter or anyhting haha). But sometimes it's interesting to hear what other people say b/c once in a while I will repeat the story told to me (never using names of course) to another person unrelated to the person with the prob to see what their thoughts are. The things I've heard have been very interesting.


So I was gonna composite it all into one great big book--for entertainment value. Not for a self-help purpose. There'd really really be no point in that. In fact, I'm going to take my chances and say that there are pretty much no black and white answers to any thing in a relationship b/c it's so vastly different from relationship to relationship and person to person. But that sure doesn't stop everyone from buying all the relationship help books like "he's just not that into you" or "act like a lady, think like a man" (which actually isn't a bad read at all) or even much to my dread and horror as i discovered on a co-worker's desk "how to get hot girls."


Not saying that these books are garbage b/c at least the first two were best sellers and they didn't become best sellers for nothing, right? But what I'm saying is that relationships aren't black and white--they're mostly gray. So if relationships are mostly gray, why do we keep looking for black and white rules and answers?


--zoom in on "rules and answers" on screen and end Carrie Bradshaw moment--


Anyways, I've given up on the book b/c I can't figure out WHY people would buy it, what my title would be and who I would put in the book, etc etc.


Then I tried to write a book on The Quarter Life Crisis. And it doesn't help when other people are like "oh it's been done." well no shit. If people never wrote about the same topic once, we'd be effin' communisits.


So. Full of life again, I figured, i'd go ahead and write about the lameness we call the Quarter Life Crisis. But then it was really hard to write! I think it's b/c i'm something of a rebel and don't like to be told what to do.


...or b/c i suck at life.


Most likely option number two. LOL


I'm gonna end up in an email forward for FAILS.


See example below:



Hahah damn damn damn.

A collection of my blogs compiled in to a book? Perhaps. But why oh why would anyone want that?

These are the questions that keep me up at night. hahah